Ancestral Systems Refund Policy
We stand behind our products. When you purchase a product directly from us, you receive an automatic 100% guarantee of a full refund of your purchase price for 30 days following the date of purchase.
Should you desire a full refund within the 30 day period, please contact us at Support. Be sure to provide sufficient detail (your name, product, purchase date, purchase price) so that we may quickly and correctly process your refund. All refunds will return your purchase price to the original credit card account from which the purchase price was drawn. NO CASH REFUNDS can be provided. Refund of purchases through resellers are only possible when provided by the reseller.
Clooz Updates and Support Policy
Clooz provides a capability to update itself automatically as new releases become available. When a new release is available, the software will notify you, and allow you to approve its implementation. This behavior can be turned on/off in the Options form found in the Edit Menu.
Clooz users can receive help in resolving issues associated with installation or operation of the program, as well as asking questions about its use or even suggesting further enhancements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to incoming messages usually occurs within the same day. Phone support is not available.
Note: The update renewal program (annual subscription covering all updates) has been terminated as of 2 August, 2017, and replaced with the following policy:
Future software updates to Clooz (including and through version 4) will now be free of charge for all users who had active update support as of July 23, 2016, or purchased Clooz after that date. It is no longer necessary to annually renew update support. Development of the next major release of Clooz, Version 4, has taken much longer than anticipated, and updates have been slow in coming. Ancestral Systems will now return to the more common practice of charging for major upgrades, beginning with Version 5.
If you are running Clooz version 3.5.23, and Clooz says your update support has expired, then you will need to first uninstall Clooz using the standard Windows Control Panel feature to uninstall programs. Then download the 3.5.24 (or later) version from http://cloozsetups.ancestralsystems.com and run the setup program. Use the password and serial number most recently emailed to you when you purchased or renewed Clooz. Contact email@example.com if you have any problems.
Users whose update support had expired prior to July 23, 2016, will need to purchase a new license in order to receive future updates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a discount.
Clooz versions 3.5.24 and later will recognize existing serial numbers and this change in policy. Always use the latest serial number you were issued.
Ancestral Systems LLC respects your privacy rights; therefore, our policy prohibits any transfer of your name and other personal information to any third party without your express permission.
Personal Information Collection
- We choose to use a commercial, well respected "Opt In" e-mail service to contact all valid users. Constant Contact maintains strict rules concerning messages that might be considered SPAM, and monitors us closely to insure compliance with its rules. Every e-mail message sent to a person whose information resides in this database contains the opt out choice at the top of the form.
- We are legally required to insure that registered users know our support contact information.
- The User guarantees that the personal information provided is true, accurate and up to date in the manner that reflects the User's current situation. The User hereby acknowledges that he/she is exclusively responsible for any inaccuracy, falsity, mistake or error in any submitted personal data and information and may be held liable for any damages whatsoever caused to Ancestral Systems LLC or third parties, by virtue of using Clooz.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
- Order Placement - When you place an order online with us, we collect information about you, including your name, address and information pertinent to your order. We do NOT retain any credit card information. Your name and other address information is retained with your serial number as product registration.
- Product Registration - Product registration information includes the product acquired as well as your name, address, and e-mail address and telephone number (if provided). Your registration is recorded automatically, so a separate registration action on your part is unnecessary.
- Evaluation Software - On our Website, we ask for name, country, and email address from those who download and/or install our evaluation software. This information is retained with the serial number assigned to you.
- Beta Test Software - Ancestral Systems LLC may, at its discretion, require that all those who wish to use its pre-release software (beta) to provide Ancestral Systems LLC with their name and e-mail address. Ancestral Systems LLC may also choose to prevent beta versions of its software from installing or running if such information is not provided to us.
How We Use Personal Information
Ancestral Systems, LLC may use your personal information to:
- Register your licensed copies of Clooz. When you submit an order, your credit card information is immediately provided to our credit card processor, and at no point is the credit card information saved on our website or provided by us to any third party. We do not retain credit card information in any form.
- Serial numbers are used to verify the applicability of future sales discounts, such as the annual renewal of update support. Serial numbers are also used by the Clooz software to verify it is properly licensed. The Clooz software may validate the serial number with our server, and check for updates. No personal information is ever collected or transmitted by the Clooz software as part of that process.
- Notify you about information that may be of use or interest to you. This may include notification about the availability of policy changes, new products, product updates, maintenance releases, and beta versions of Clooz.
- Send you surveys via Constant Contact to improve all aspects of Clooz, especially new features and software distributions that we may be considering.
- Notify you of third-party products that we believe might be of interest to you. Ancestral Systems LLC will not share our customer's personal information with third parties.
- Ancestral Systems LLC may collect serial number information from Clooz application sessions to verify registration validity.
Further Information for Citizens of the European Union (EU)
The EU has adopted a privacy directive substantially regulating the privacy rights of citizens of the countries of the European Union. Ancestral Systems LLC therefore provides Citizens of the EU the following information:
- Ancestral Systems LLC is located in the United States. Any information that you provide to Ancestral Systems LLC will be transferred out of the EU to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein. You may choose to opt-out of providing this information at any time, as described at the bottom of this privacy statement.
- When placing an order, you must provide our credit card processor with your name, credit card number, expiration date, type, and billing address. You must also provide the address to which the product is to be shipped. If you do not provide the information, it is not possible for us to complete the sales transaction.
- In addition, an e-mail address and a telephone number would assist us in contacting you should there be a problem with your order.
- Unless you direct to the contrary, any of the personal information you provide with your order will be maintained by Ancestral Systems LLC in its product registration database.
- Ancestral Systems LLC's use of your personal information provided to us with a product registration is as disclosed above.
Security of Information
Ancestral Systems LLC will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, unauthorized alteration, destruction or other malfeasance, and as dictated by any current or future agreements which may exist between the United States and the European Union. The information is held on a server with restricted access.
We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the security of your personal information during transmission, which encrypts all of the information you input. Only employees or associates who need personal information to perform a specific job (i.e. customer services) are granted access to it.
However, due to the nature of the information and related technology, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of your personal information and expressly disclaims any such obligation. If we learn of a security breach, then we will attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate steps.
Personal Information Review, Change, and Correction
You may access the personal information in our Constant Contact user database at any time to review, change, correct, or remove an item. On-line access is provided by clicking on the "Join our mailing list" button that is prominently displayed on our web site Home Page.
CLOOZ End User License Agreement
USE OF THE CLOOZ APPLICATION INDICATES THE USER HAS CONSENTED TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT.
"You" means the person or company who is being licensed to use the Software or Documentation. "We," "us" and "our" means Ancestral Systems, LLC, 10900 South Stonelake Blvd., Ste. A-320, Austin, TX 78759.
We hereby grant you a nonexclusive license to use one copy of the Software on any single computer for your own business or personal purposes. In return, you agree to use the Software only on your System, on its temporary replacement, or on a subsequent System that replaces your System. You are granted permission to use the Software on up to four Systems personally owned by you.
We remain the owner of all right, title and interest in the Software and related explanatory written materials ("Documentation").
Archival or Backup Copies
You may copy the Software for backup and archival purposes, provided that the original and each copy is kept in your possession and that your installation and use of the Software does not exceed that allowed in the "License Grant" section above.
Things You May Not Do
The Software and Documentation are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaties. You must treat the Software and Documentation like any other copyrighted material—for example, a book. You may not:
- copy the Documentation (other than for your own personal use in reading the documentation),
- copy the Software except to make archival or backup copies as provided above,
- modify or adapt the Software or merge it into another program,
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or make any attempt to discover the source code of the Software,
- place the Software onto a server so that it is accessible via a public network such as the Internet, or
- sublicense, rent, lease or lend any portion of the Software or Documentation.
You may transfer all your rights to use the Software and Documentation to another person or legal entity provided you transfer this Agreement, the Software and Documentation, including all copies, updates and prior versions to such person or entity and that you retain no copies, including copies stored on computer.
We agree to provide you with free e-mail support in the installation and use of the Software by writing email@example.com. This support is effective from the date you purchase the Software.
We warrant that for a period of 90 days after delivery of this copy of the Software to you:
- the media on which this copy of the Software is provided to you will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use,
- the user manual and documentation provided with the Software are substantially complete and contain the information we consider to be necessary for the use of the Software, and
- the Software will perform in substantial accordance with the Documentation.
We do not warrant that the functions of the Software will necessarily meet your requirements, or that operation of the Software will in all cases be uninterrupted or error-free. We do not warrant Software that has been altered or modified by anyone other than us. Any modifications of the Software made by you or anybody other than us, will void our warranty responsibilities. You agree that this warranty does not require us to customize the Software, develop new features, or modify the Software for specific computer hardware.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, regardless of whether we know or had reason to know of your particular needs. No employee, agent, dealer or distributor of ours is authorized to modify this limited warranty, nor to make any additional warranties.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Our entire liability and your exclusive remedy for breach of the foregoing warranty shall be, at our option, to either:
- return the price you paid, or
- repair or replace the Software or media that does not meet the foregoing warranty if it is returned to us with a copy of your receipt.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (EVEN IF WE OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES), OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Term and Termination
This license agreement takes effect upon your use of the software and remains effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by destroying all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession. It will also automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this license agreement. You agree on termination of this license to destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession.
The Software contains trade secrets and proprietary know-how that belong to us and it is being made available to you in strict confidence. ANY USE OR DISCLOSURE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR OF ITS ALGORITHMS, PROTOCOLS OR INTERFACES, OTHER THAN IN STRICT ACCORDANCE WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, MAY BE ACTIONABLE AS A VIOLATION OF OUR TRADE SECRET RIGHTS.
- This written license agreement is the exclusive agreement between you and us concerning the Software and Documentation and supersedes any prior purchase order, communication, advertising or representation concerning the Software.
- This license agreement may be modified only by a writing signed by you and us.
- In the event of litigation between you and us concerning the Software or Documentation, the prevailing party in the litigation will be entitled to recover attorney fees and expenses from the other party.
- This license agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas.
- You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions or regulations.